Hope Counselling Service is a private counselling practice provided by Melinda Timmons, based in Muswellbrook NSW. Melinda is an an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker (AMHSW) and Counsellor with over ten years experience providing counselling services to adolescents and adults.
Melinda is trained in a variety of evidence-based therapeutic interventions including; Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), Solution-Focussed Brief Therapy (SFBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), Relapse Management, Narrative Therapy, Schema Therapy, and Person-Centred therapies. She uses an integrative approach tailored to your individual needs, with a particular focus on strengths, resilience and recovery.
In 2008, Melinda graduated with a Bachelor of Social Work (Distinction) from the University of New South Wales, Sydney. By this time she had already gained experience at Family and Community Services, the Royal Hospital for Women in Randwick, and at a number of youth refuges in Sydney. Since this time, Melinda has gained extensive experience working in both government and community based settings in Sydney, London and rural NSW. In 2019, Melinda also completed a Master of Counselling at the University of New England.
Melinda also has experience in providing clinical supervision to student counsellors, and with creating and implementing therapeutic group programs.
- Master of Counselling, UNE
- Bachelor of Social Work, UNSW
- Accredited Member of Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Better Access to Mental Health Care – Medicare Provider # 5132831Y
- Approved Trauma Counsellor for NSW Victims Services
- Approved ‘Workers Compensation’ Counsellor for SIRA NSW
- Approved Counsellor for Hunter Primary Care Mental Health Service
- Member of Association for Contextual Behavioral Science (ACBS)
- Certified SMART Recovery Australia Facilitator
- Working with Children Check # WWC0552223E
Call 0403 065 254 or use the details on the Contacts page to find out more.
This is a safe place for people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, and questioning
Hope Counselling Service NSW acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia and pays respects to them and their cultures, and to elders both past and present
All photographs on this website are the property of Melinda Timmons
ABN 42 823 123 105