Hope Counselling Service is a private practice based in Muswellbrook NSW,
provided by Melinda Timmons. Melinda is an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker (AMHSW) and qualified Counsellor with over ten years experience providing therapeutic services to both adolescents and adults.
In 2008, Melinda graduated with a Bachelor of Social Work (Distinction) from the University of New South Wales, Sydney. In 2019, she also completed a Master of Counselling at the University of New England, specialising in trauma therapy. Melinda has gained extensive experience working in both government and community based settings in Sydney, London and rural NSW.
Melinda is trained in a variety of evidence-based therapeutic interventions and uses an integrative approach tailored to your individual needs, with a focus on strengths, resilience and recovery. She has a particular interest in providing therapeutic intervention for the treatment of trauma and trauma-related difficulties such as; Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Acute stress disorder (ASD), dissociative disorders, attachment disorders, and Borderline Personality disorder (BPD).
Melinda has a passion for working with young people and adults on a wide range of mental health related issues. She also has experience in providing clinical supervision to student counsellors, and with creating and implementing therapeutic group programs.
- Master of Counselling, UNE
- Bachelor of Social Work, UNSW
- Accredited Member of Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Better Access to Mental Health Care – Medicare Provider # 5132831Y
- Approved Trauma Counsellor for NSW Victims Services
- Approved ‘Workers Compensation’ Counsellor for SIRA NSW
- Approved Counsellor for Hunter Primary Care Mental Health Service
- Member of Association for Contextual Behavioral Science (ACBS)
- Working with Children Check # WWC0552223E
Call 0403 065 254 or use the details on the Contacts page to find out more.
This is a safe place for people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, and questioning
Hope Counselling Service NSW acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia and pays respects to them and their cultures, and to elders both past and present
All photographs on this website are the property of Melinda Timmons
ABN 42 823 123 105